The Friends is a non-profit organization formed in 1980 composed of individuals, families, local businesses and corporations who have a common interest and goal – to have the best library services possible!
Some members support the Friends simply by paying their annual dues, while others become more involved by donating their time for programs and activities.
Why is the Friends needed?
Although the Library is a tax-supported institution, there are many important programs and services that cannot be funded through its regular operating budget. This is where the Friends step in to help. Using funds raised by its annual membership drive, donations and fundraisers, the Friends organization is able to assure that these services and programs are provided.
What benefits does Friends membership bring to you?
- The Friends have an exciting member benefit – a Museum Pass program. The Friends have purchased admission passes to area museums that are popular with both adults and families.
- NOTE: Museum Pass Program temporarily suspended
- Receive the Library’s bimonthly newsletter, The Compass, in full color by First Class Mail
- Friends-Only book sales
- Friends ongoing book sale
- Participate in Friends programs and special events
- Monthly Friends meetings, typically held in the Library the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. from September through June
- Meet new friends
By joining the Friends you also get the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference at your library in an important and effective way!
A 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization. Donations made to Friends of SBPL may be Tax Deductible. Please consult your Tax accountant for details.
SIGN UP FOR THE FRIENDS OF SBPL
Join the Friends or renew your membership! Join online with a credit card. Different Membership Levels are listed below.
Download the printable sign up form for The Friends of SBPL
The Giving Tree is located in the Library Lobby. Get a golden engraving on the Tree to commemorate a special event or to honor a person in your life. Funds from this program are used to build a better library and to bring you great quality library programs. If you wish to make a one-time donation to the Library, please consider donating to our Giving Tree, which is considered a tax-deductible donation.
Select a Giving Tree engraving option, also specify your inscription: