Job Opening: Full-Time Senior Maintenance
The South Brunswick Public Library, located halfway between the metropolitan hubs of NYC and Philadelphia, is seeking a skilled full-time Senior Maintenance worker to join its team as we embark on an $11 million construction project to expand and renovate our existing building. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, reliable, and capable of being back-up to our Maintenance Supervisor when he is not available. This employee must be able to meet the physical demands of the job and ideally have working knowledge of HVAC, fire and safety alarm systems. Reliability and the ability to provide on-call support essential.
- Perform custodial work to maintain overall cleanliness of the building. Maintain curb appeal, including the conditions and appearance of library property.
- Check functionality of safety systems (fire/protection) and schedule repairs.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of building and equipment, including making minor repairs with heating, electrical and plumbing.
- Using township vehicles, serve as Library courier as needed.
- Provide assistance with set up and breakdown of rooms/areas for Library events in the building and alternate venues. Move furniture, equipment, collections as needed.
- Perform basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing work.
- Operate vehicles, power tools, and hand tools.
- Operate, monitor and troubleshoot the Library’s security, HVAC, safety, and fire systems and controls.
- Install furniture, shelving and library equipment.
- Conduct general up-keep procedures, i.e. painting, carpentry, power washing and window washing, snow removal. Groundskeeping include gardening, trimming bushes and shrubs, and leaf blowing.
- Assist technicians and township employees servicing the Library facility.
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
Senior Level Responsibilties:
- Work independently and supervised
- Possess decision making skills
- Become knowledgeable of entire building (boiler room, electric panels, HVAC controls, door codes, alarm codes) and maintenance contract contacts and procedures.
- Lift, push, pull up to 75 lbs and perform other strenuous activities safely.
- Execute emergency procedures, providing safety to library patrons and staff.
- Perform job safely following all safety procedures, including climbing ladders, working on roof, driving township vehicles.
- Ability to obtain CDL (commercial driver’s license) if requested with training provided.
- 3-5 years of experience working maintenance or related training.
- High school diploma or equivalent trade school.
- Possess valid NJ drivers license with good driving record.
- Drug free (testing may be required). Must successfully pass a thorough criminal history and background check.
- Must pass a six month probation period.
This is a 37.5 hour week position, including some evening and weekend hours when needed. 2023 salary: $49,794. 2024 salary: $50, 790 in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, and a pension plan.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, application to Gary Catano, Maintenance Supervisor, at email@example.com. Or deliver to South Brunswick Public Library at 110 Kingston Lane, Monmouth Junction, N.J. 08852. Library application available on our website www.sbpl.info.
South Brunswick and the South Brunswick Public Library are Equal Opportunity Employers.